The Education and Clinical Center for diabetes and foot care has been opened since April 2007. The clinic is here to provide services to people with diabetes (diabetic) and family for the purpose of:
- prevent or reducing the occurrence of diabetes,
- preventing complications of diabetes
- prevent disability due to complications of diabetes
Diabetes education is provided by a team of diabetes educators at RS Premier Bintaro consisting of doctors, nurses, experienced dietitians that have been certified as Advanced Diabetes Educators.
Diabetes Education material provided includes:
- General knowledge of diabetes, such as symptoms and treatments.
- Evaluation of nutrition and meal planning development, iteration medicine and food, the relationship between food and physical exercise.
- The relationship between physical exercise and the possibility oflower of blood sugar.
- Monitoring blood sugar and urine ketones, the selection of inspection methods, equipment, records as a source of information, meal planning adjustments.
- Use of insulin: Intake, treatment, the selection of appropriate insulin, and a proper injection technique.
- Adjustment of insulin dosage, target blood sugar levels and the HbA1c (A1c) to be achieved.
- Treatment and prevention of symptoms in the deficiency, and excess,of sugar in the blood.
- The attitude that needs to be taken when you are sick and the diabetic emergency handling procedures.
- Before pregnancy, gestational diabetes, blood sugar levels during pregnancy and the risk factors that influence it.
- Chronic complications of diabetes: prevention, detection, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Inspection and maintenance of tooth-gum and skin-nails regularly.
- How to travel with diabetes.
- How to fast during Ramadan.
- Treatment of diabetic foot.
DIABETIC FOOT CARE CLINIC
The Diabetic Foot Care Clinic includes the following:
- Examination of the foot
- Identification of risk
- Independent foot care
- Knowledge of appropriate footwear
- Treatment of foot disorders ( skin and nails ) that does not require surgery, such as dry feet, heel spurs, odor, cracked feet, sweaty feet, fungal infections of the nails and skin, ingrown nails, brittle nails, eyelets, etc.
- Training exercises for diabetic foot